Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 23

First, some quick pics from Claire's arrival:

41w2d - We're Going To the Hospital!
Last moments before the C-Section.
Here she comes!!! (I was quite emotional at this point)

She's here!!!


Here we are on day 2 - I'm wearing my "gownie" and
a little makeup, I usually looked terrible!



We're in our third week now. Claire did great at her 3-week appointment. Up to 9 lbs 8 oz and measuring 21 3/4 inches long. She'd lost 10% of her weight in the hospital so we had to supplement with formula for 24 hours but in a re-weigh the day after we were discharged, she'd gained enough to quit the formula. I've been breastfeeding her since day one and I love it! I have to start pumping a lot now so there's a reserve for when I go back to work. We need to get her used to the bottle. It'll also allow DH to take some nighttime feeding shifts so I can sleep. I average maybe 5 hours of sleep every 24 hours, if I'm lucky.

I love every second of my diaper-filled, spit-up on, unkempt, exhausted, hungry life.

I need to write a post on how I feel guilty every time I am tired or my nipples hurt, or when Claire goes through 5 diapers in an hour or if I don't feel thrilled every second of every day since it took everything we had to get her.

We are so lucky and I hate that I have to go back to work soon! I love being a mommy.





4 comments:

Baby Hopes said...

What a sweetheart! She's beautiful!!!

Sarah said...

Awww! She's adorable! Love all the pics!

Lindsay said...

She's beautiful!

Heather said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to say congratulations on your sweet baby girl! Babies are the best! Hope you are getting some rest and enjoying every minute of being a mommy!

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say - even if I've just shared good news, bad news or boring ramblings! Your comments mean the world to me!

 

I Can't Control Everything | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL