Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year Clean Slate

Wow, that first post was theraputic. If you're in my shoes and need to get some stuff off your chest, write it down, it sure feels good. Also, I'm sure DH appreciated me not bombarding him with my frustrations with all things TTC. Though I did have a few to many drinks on Saturday night at bowling league and decided to blab all the way home how I'll never get pregnant and we should just go back to Jamaica (went there on our honeymoon), blah blah whine whine. ;)

So. Onto the new year. Resolutions?

1. Lose between 15-20 lbs. Maintain that.
2. Stop eating so much junk food! That means the chips have to go. :)
3. Cut out between 30-50% of pop drinking. I only drink diet, but since it's a majority of my liquid intake each day, that needs to stop.
4. Exercise more. Bowling league and volleyball league will not do it. And do crunches for goodness sake!
5. Keep working on not blowing up at DH when he doesn't think before he speaks/acts/breathes. I have habit of turning all Phoenix from X-Men when he so much as tugs on one of my nerves, especially when I'm PMS-ing/thinking I have pregnancy hormones but I'm always wrong.

I think five resolutions is enough. And the first four are basically the same, in a broad sense.

Oh well. So on the TTC front, only 3 days till my doctor's appt!!!! I can't explain how excited I am. I want to hug the doctor and tell her how much I've been waiting for the day to come where she can tell me what's wrong with us and what we can do to fix it. I'm a dreamer though so don't be surprised that I'd have that fantasy. Like I'd hug a doctor prematurely. Not only would it jinx the hoped-for outcome of the appointment in the first place, but I'd probably get sent to the psych ward. Sorry, getting off track. I took a couple of ovulation test strips (internet cheapies, you know, the green ones) on Saturday (CD 12 and CD 13). Saturday's barely registered as a negative and Sundays was a miniscule step up where I didn't have to squint to see the faint line.

So I'm thinking I'll be ovulating late. Great. So AF arrives two days early last cycle after being four days late the month before, and now it's back to the late crap.

I typically have had a strict 28 day cycle with a 12-14 day luteal phase. Since November, things have been off by 2-4 days. Though I am aware this is "normal" I just don't like it. I like to know when AF is coming so I'm prepared. I don't like to be surprised by the witch and she sure did a doozy on me last month. Even though the ovulation tests are negative, DH is insistent that we keep up our "efforts" a lot. I definitely need a night off though and negative tests make me feel okay about doing that. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say - even if I've just shared good news, bad news or boring ramblings! Your comments mean the world to me!

 

I Can't Control Everything | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL