Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oblivious To The Snow

We're in Iowa. Yesterday was a blizzard. I was not really paying attention because all I could do is think about how thrilled I am that we're getting help and I will most likely be starting Clomid in the next week or so! How exciting is that!?!?!

DH is scheduled to provide his "sample" for his s/a tomorrow. He's already whining because we had to abstain from sex or any other fun for three whole days leading up to the analysis. I kind of feel bad for him because he's used to every other day since we're TTC-ing and he's a bit stressed with work, his MBA and a licensing exam this Thursday, so all I could do was give him a hug. He'll get over it.

A couple of things I forgot to mention in yesterday's novel of a post:

1. I took an OPK around 2pm last Thursday before the appointment. It turned a darker shade and was a typical day-before-a-positve-opk result. Which means I could have ovulated over the weekend. We "did it" Friday and Saturday, just in case. I hate to waste a month, honestly. :) But my blood test results will truly show if I did "O" or not.

2. The doc gave me a bright orange folder all about infertility with several awesome things inside: the prices for all treatment (90/10 and some 50% coverage so we're looking good financially; its affordable!), three magazines called "Conceive" (are you kidding me? A magazine for TTC-ers? Yeah, and it's amazing. If I'd known about it I would have gotten a subscription. There's another one called "Conceived" once you get pregnant. I'm getting that!!!), and all the info I need on Clomid, etc. What a great doctor!

So I'm just trying to get through this week and I should get AF next Tuesday if not by next Friday, if I actually have a 14 day LP, which I doubt after last month's debacle, but who knows, right? I just don't want a 4 1/2 week cycle. I don't have time for that!

I honestly just want to get pregnant on the first cycle so I can announce it to family and friends at Easter, which would be right around the 12 week mark. It's cuter to announce around a holiday, but I'll take anything at this point. Also we see DH's brothers and their kids and my bff (his brother's gf, long story) at Easter and I want to tell them in person.

The adventure is about to really begin now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say - even if I've just shared good news, bad news or boring ramblings! Your comments mean the world to me!

 

I Can't Control Everything | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL