Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Wha?

SHUT.THE.FRONT.DOOR. (as Stacy says on TLC's "What Not To Wear")

Um, the FRER was positive this morning. It has been 12 days since the trigger shot. Today is 11dpiui. Um, the trigger is ALWAYS gone by 12dpiui. Oh, and the FRERs don't typically get darker between 10dpiui/11dpt and 11dpiui/12dpt like the have in the past 2 days.  So....I am starting to think that I might not be a complete nutcase.

The digital was negative, but it's 11dpiui for friggins sake. But the FRER was a pronounced positive.

My boobs still hurt. Well, just the nips.

I woke DH up five minutes early and asked if he wanted the good news or the bad news. He wanted the bad news first - I told him that I think I need to buy more prenatals (I get the gummy ones, all the rest make me not want to take them. These are like candy, which I like very much). He then asked for the good news, and I showed him the test. After waking up some more and putting on his glasses, he said he could see the second line (which is rare when I typically shove negative tests in his face .

For some fertiles, this would be the jump up and down moment. For us, we discussed the possible beta schedule, what to do about golf league (I'm way too scared to do any physical activity in the 1st trimester), next Monday's IVF appt, etc. We don't get too excited in our house over a positive pregnancy test. Ha. We know better.

But - I know I thought last month worked but my ban on blue tests seems to have helped because all the FRERs are positive and getting darker. And, they aren't close to being expired. The 2 digitals from Ebay arrived last night. Also expired. Didn't work at all. I wasn't happy.  But the FRER was positive last night too so that made me just confused but hopeful.

So - am I? Am I not? We'll know more tomorrow at 12dpiui/13dpt. I am, however, starting to get a little excited. I was listening to Glee's "Like A Prayer" in the car and started tearing up at some of the lyrics. I'm a dork but I haven't cried in almost five months. I think the waterworks will really start if I get a positive digital and if we have an u/s next Monday if it's a legit baby...I will obviously keep you all posted.

Psst - estimated due date is December 31st, 2010 if this is real. If not, then my metabolism is the worst ever and I have no clue how I've lost a pound this week. I eat like a teenager.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! Fingers crossed for you! :)

Andrea said...

Very exciting Christa - I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say - even if I've just shared good news, bad news or boring ramblings! Your comments mean the world to me!

 

I Can't Control Everything | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL